Every day, millions of people around the world turn to Google to search for travel-related information. And thinking about Italy, how did the searches go over the summer? Which cities are receiving the most interest?
Destination Insights provides useful information to explore how tourism demand is changing over time and monitor travel trends
Considering the searches made on Google from June to Ferragosto, here’s what we find out:
• Italy is the star of summer 2021: it is the country with the fastest growth in demand in the world in the selected time interval, in which it recorded a 75% increase.
• In the same period, if we consider the countries with the most interested users in international travel to Italy, we note that the main interest comes from Germany, followed by Austria, France, Switzerland and the United States.
• Among the favourite cities in Italy by potential tourists from Italy and the world, Rome is the most popular destination to stay and spend a holiday. What is the top 10? Rome, Riccione, Rimini, Venice, Milan, Naples, Florence, Caorle, Lido di Jesolo, Lignano Sabbiadoro.
If tourists from all over the world prefer Italy as a travel destination, what are the interests of searches made on Google from Italy for potential holiday destinations?
• Again, Italy is in first place and tourist demand is concentrated in our country, followed by neighbouring Spain and Greece.
• And the favourite cities? Here are the top 10 for Italians: Rome, Riccione, Rimini, Naples, Milan, Florence, Venice, Cesenatico, Vieste, Lido di Jesolo.